Do You Have Radon Gas In Your Home or Workplace?

Radon is a naturally-occurring radioactive gas that may be in your home, workplace or your child's school.
 
Radon gas is the second leading cause of lung cancer. Nationally, the EPA estimates that about 21,000 people die each year from radon-related lung cancer. Only smoking causes more lung cancer deaths.
It is colorless and odorless and becomes trapped indoors after it enters buildings through cracks and other holes in the foundation..

About 1 out of every 15 homes in the United States have a level of radon that is too high. Breathing in radon over time can cause lung cancer, especially if you smoke. If the radon level in your home is high, you can take steps to fix it. 

Radon is a natural radioactive gas that you can’t see or smell. There is usually very little radon in the air outside, but sometimes radon can build up indoors.

If you are breathing in too much radon, you won’t feel sick or have any symptoms right away. Testing your home is the only way to know if there’s a radon problem.

You can test your home yourself by purchasing a test kit from your hardware store or you can hire a professional to do it for you. 

If your radon levels come up with a 4 or higher you must have a professional come in and find and fix the problem. Be sure to hire a licensed contractor. 

For more information on radon gas call The National Radon Hotline at 1-800-767-7236. 

 

Ready to Request a Free Quote? GET STARTED TODAY